"Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity..." --John Muir, 1898

Monday, October 1, 2007

Hike: Water


I went for a hike after church yesterday up Catamount Creek just five minutes from my house. I had been there before, at least on the first half of it, but instead of going all the way to Catamount Reservoir, I turned around near the the top. Just past the Garden of Eden Meadow, I found a "side" trail, unmarked. I took it out of curiousity through the trees and discovered it followed Catamount Creek as it fell steeply through a narrow, deep, dark canyon of pine, towering rock, turning leaves, waterfalls, and half-light. It was as if I'd left a sunny Colorado afternoon and entered a magical autumn evening. I hope you enjoy a few of these glimpses.














































































































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow -- amazing spot, Kevin.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! You're a real artist, Kevin! That the beauty exists is part of the end product of photography. That you compose the photos so strikingly is another.