"Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity..." --John Muir, 1898

Monday, July 16, 2007

Photos: Downtown

I made a few photographs this weekend with my new camera. It feels good to slow down and craft them as opposed to, well, pointing and shooting. I am still trying to get back into practice and also learning the ins and outs of digital as opposed to film. In any case, here are a few photographs I made while tramping around downtown Colorado Springs, Old Colorado City, Colorado College etc. I am also re-learning how to see and get inspired again, so it was a challenge.










An alley in downtown Colorado Springs




















Tejon Street in downtown Colorado Springs





















Courtyard fence of a Tibetan store in Old Colorado City





















Sandstone pillars at Colorado College






















Buddhist prayer flags in Old Colorado City

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I especially like the alley photo, but they're all impressive.

Kevin said...

Thanks... I like it too... It was hard, though, getting inspired by something other than the outdoors. I'm working on it...

Anonymous said...

And I like the courtyard at the Tibet store. Great colors and angles.